2 T. butter
2 cloves garlic
2 stalks celery
1/4 cup flour
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 cups vegetable broth (I like to use Better than Bouillion)
1/2 T. dried basil
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/4 cup shredded parmesan
3/4 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, finely chop the garlic, carrots, and celery.
- Sweat the vegetables in the butter until soft, minding to not burn the garlic.
- Add the flour and stir well to incorporate.
- Add the entire can of tomatoes, broth, basil, and oregano and stir to combine.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the cream and parmesan and stir to combine.
- Season to taste.