Sunday, January 3, 2016

Epiphany Feast 2016

I had half a bottle of Rose wine left over from the holidays and didn't know what to do with it.  I asked a group of Catholic Foodies if they had a good recipe using Rose wine and someone gave this to me:









I adapted the recipe a bit and this is what I came up with.  I just need to think of a clever name for it.

1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. Rose wine
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. onion powder

  1. Cut the chicken breasts into strips, then dredge in flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
  2. Brown the chicken in the butter over medium heat.
  3. Stir in wine to deglaze the pan, followed by the cream, thyme, and onion powder.
  4. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
  5. Serve over pasta or rice.
I served haricot verts sauteed with shallots on the side to finish off our Epiphany luncheon feast!




Here is the saucy goodness as it simmered!

The completed product.  Yum!
And to help you all celebrate today's Feast day, here's a beautiful video for you to enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment